Google+

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Shoesday: Goth Princess In an Aldo Sandal

Happy Valentines Day!

I have to admit these photos were taken last spring when flowers were blooming and it was warm enough to bare one's toes. I thought I would share them with you now since I anticipate a return to warmer weather. 

Sometimes I think an all black outfit can come off as somewhat boring and unimaginative so those outfits are not often photographed for me. This one I thought worthy for a couple of reasons. 

Reason number 1: A soft sheer ruffled blouse cinched with a wide leather studded belt. 
Reason number 2: Accessorizing with an antique garnet bracelet and a fleur de lis ring that takes up an entire joint of my finger. 
the bracelet was my paternal grandmothers and the only thing I have of hers. I treasure it. 
Reason number 3: the keyhole neckline of this blouse. I love that it gives a peek of skin with a buttoned up neck. 
Finally, the shoes! These sandals by Aldo are THE most comfortable pair of 5-inch and up sandals I own. I once walked 22 city blocks in these shoes and could have kept on going. Key for comfort is the solid heel. Nothing spindly about this one! The good 1/2 inch platform in front plus terrific arch support make for a fine pair of shoes to use bipedal locomotion around the city. 
Strong leather straps that don't rub are important too. I love these shoes. One of my best investments. 
What is your favorite sassy shoe for walking? 

Soon I will wear them again once the weather warms! I'm looking forward to spring forth in a comfy pair of heels!